This family favourite makes enough to serve a large group, perfect for parties or any family occasion. It’s also ideal for freezing single serve portions for an easy, healthy weekday lunch. The beans can be substituted with just about any variety you have in your pantry.
- 500g organic beef mince
- 250g bacon, fried and chopped finely (optional)
- 1 large onion, diced
- ¼ cup golden sugar
- ½ cup Chantal Organics Tomato Sauce
- ½ cup Chantal Organics Tomato Passata
- 1 tsp Chantal Organics Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 cans Chantal Organics Baked Beans
- 1 can Chantal Organics Red Kidney Beans
- 1 can Chantal Organics Black Beans
- 1 can Chantal Organics Cannellini Beans
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 180 C.
Fry the bacon until crisp (if using). Remove from the pan and let cool. Chop finely.
In the same pan, sauté the beef mince and diced onion.
Meanwhile, drain and rinse the canned beans, (do not drain baked beans), and place in a large casserole dish. Add the remaining seasonings and ingredients to the dish, followed by the mince and bacon. Stir well.
Cover and bake for 50-60 minutes.
Serve hot, with a side salad or other sautéed greens.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)