Grilled Asparagus with Popped Lentils & Crumbled Feta
A simple yet flavourful dish that features spring’s beloved asparagus. The lentils add a plant-based protein, and the feta adds a deliciously creamy contrast. It’s easy to make yet fancy enough to serve guests.
- 2 bunches fresh asparagus
- 1 can Chantal Organics Lentils
- 2 Tbsp Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp spices of choice (e.g. mixed herbs, cumin, paprika)
- 1 block feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Chantal Organics Hemp Seeds
- salt + pepper
- lemon zest/strips (optional)
- Lemon Chilli Dressing
- 1/4 cup Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- salt + pepper
Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan bake.
Drain and rinse the lentils. Shake off excess water well. Place lentils on a lined oven tray, drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with spices.
Bake lentils in the oven for 25 minutes, turning halfway, until lentils are crispy and start to “pop”.
While the lentils are cooking, prepare the dressing by combining the ingredients in a jar with a tight lid, then shake well.
Wash and trim the asparagus. Heat a lightly oiled grill pan and cook the asparagus until just starting to soften and colour. Season with salt and pepper.
Place the asparagus on a large serving plate. Top with popped lentils, crumbled feta, hemp seeds and lemon zest, and drizzle over dressing.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)