- Salad Ingredients
- 1 cup Chantal Organics White Quinoa, uncooked
- 1 can Chantal Organics Black Beans, drained
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut
- 1 tbsp Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper
- Marinated mushrooms
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Chantal Organics Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Salt & pepper
Cook the quinoa as per packet instructions. Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan bake.
Wash the broccoli and cut into florets. Place on a lined baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, until the broccoli is cooked but still bright green and slightly crunchy. Allow to cool on tray.
Wash and finely slice the mushrooms then place in small bowl. Whisk the remaining marinade ingredients together, pour over the mushrooms and leave to marinate for half an hour.
Drain the black beans and roughly chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
Place the cooked quinoa, roasted broccoli, black beans, sun-dried tomatoes and sauerkraut in a large serving bowl or plate and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, then top with marinated mushrooms. Drizzle any remaining mushroom marinade over the salad as a dressing.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)