- 4 free-range chicken thighs, butterflied (we love Waitoa)
- 1 tbsp Chantal Organics Coconut oil
- 1 400ml can Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
- 1-2 green chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (we love Golden Sun)
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- For serving
- 2 cups jasmine rice (we love Sun Rice)
- A handful fresh coriander (we love Superb Herb)
- 2 small snack cucumbers, ribboned
- ⅓ cup peanuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- Extra lime to serve
- We love to serve this light salad with the Giesen Riesling.
Mix the coconut milk, chilli, lime zest, lime juice and fish sauce,in a small bowl to make the coconut dressing.
In a nonstick fry pan, heat the liquid coconut oil over medium high heat. Place the butterflied chicken, cook for 3-4 minutes until the bottom turn brown, season with salt and pepper. Turn over and continue to cook for 5-6 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Cool slightly and slice into strips.
Cook rice as per packet instructions.
Place the rice, chicken, coriander, cucumber, peanuts and the dressing in a large bowl and toss to combine. Serve warm or chilled with extra lime.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)