- For the roast chicken
- 1 whole chicken (we love Waitoa)
- A handful of rosemary, 1 Tbsp chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- A handful of thyme, 1 Tbsp chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- 1 tbsp Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- For the salad
- 1 bag organic tender stem broccoli, lightly steamed
- 200g green beans, topped & tailed, lightly steamed
- 1 can Chantal Organics Lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 block feta, cubed (we love Mainland)
- ½ cup pitted kalamata or green olives
- A handful of Italian Parsley (we love Superb Herb)
- For the dressing:
- ½ cup Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil infused
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ lemon, juice only
- ½ tsp Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Fine
- 1 tsp thyme honey
- We used a Le Creuset roasting tray to roast the chicken.
Preheat the oven to 180C.
To prepare the chicken stuff it with the quartered lemons and a few sprigs of rosemary and thyme. Place it on a roasting tray. Drizzle with olive oil and the rest of the herbs, rubbing the flavours into the skin. Roast in the oven for 90 minutes, basting every 30 minutes until the juices run clear. Remove from the oven, let cool, discarding the lemon quarters, and removing the bones (you can save these to make stock). Carve the roast chicken like you normally would leaving that beautiful crispy skin on.
To make the dressing mix olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, honey and salt in a jar. Shake well. Add the chicken juices to the dressing and give it another shake just before serving.
In a large serving bowl arrange the tenderstem broccoli, lentils, green beans, feta and olives. Top with chicken and parsley. Pour the dressing over and devour.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)