Thai Lamb Cutlets with Spicy Herb Salad
How can you not love a delicious piece of meat that comes with a handle? This simple, Thai inspired lamb cutlet recipe is the perfect Spring/Summer dish. Great on the BBQ on on the griddle. Served with a spicy green, herby salad – what more could you want really?
- For the lamb
- 10 lamb cutlets (we love Pure South)
- ½ cup Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp thai red curry paste
- 2 limes juice
- For the salad
- ½ red onion – thinly sliced
- ½ fresh chilli – seeds removed and sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 100g green beans – trimmed, sliced and lightly blanched
- 100g sugar snap peas – trimmed and blanched
- ½ cup fresh or frozen peas – lightly blanched
- 1 cup mesclun salad leaves
- A handful basil leaves (we love Superb Herb)
- Extra lime to garnish
- We used a Le Creuset Signature Square Skillet Grill to cook the lamb.
Place the coconut milk, curry paste, lime juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the lamb and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
For the salad dressing, place the brown sugar, lime juice, chilli and onion in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
Preheat a skillet over a medium heat. Cook the lamb in batches, for 4 minutes each side or until charred and just cooked through. Rest for 5 minutes.
In a bowl mix together the beans, peas, salad greens, basil and onion dressing and gently toss to combine.
Serve the lamb with the salad and lime wedges.
We love pairing this dish with Ara Pinot Noir. It works perfectly in with the lamb.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)