- For the chilli
- 2 x 400g cans Chantal Organics Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400g can Chantal Organics Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400g can Chantal Organics Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp avocado oil with chilli (we love Olivado)
- For the grilled corn
- 1 tbsp avocado oil with chilli (we love Olivado)
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or canned
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- For the avocado ‘sour cream’
- ¾ cup raw cashews, soaked in filtered water for 2 hours, then drained (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 2 avocados (we love NZ Avocado)
- 1 lime, juice only
- 4 tbsp salt and pepper
- To serve
- 2 pouches Brown & Red Rice Infused with chilli & garlic (we love SunRice)
- 1 handful fresh coriander, chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- ½ lime, cut in wedges
- 1 avocado, sliced(we love NZ Avocado)
Make the chilli. Fry onions in a deep frying pan with a drizzle of oil until golden for about 5 minutes. Add garlic, smoked paprika, cumin and garlic powder and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, black beans and chickpeas. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes.
Grill the corn: Drain, rinse and pat dry the corn if using canned. Heat a good drizzle of avocado oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Add the corn, garlic and smoked paprika. Fry for 5 minutes or until corn kernels are starting to char.
Make the vegan “sour cream”: Place the soaked and drained cashews, avocado flesh, lime juice, water, salt and pepper in a blender. Blend until smooth and silky.
Heat the rice according to the instructions of the packet and divide into serving bowls. Top with the chilli, grilled corn and sour cream. Garnish with fresh coriander and avocado slices. Serve with a lime wedge.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)