- 1L chicken stock
- 2 chicken breasts (we love Waitoa)
- 1 tbsp Chantal Organics Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 knob ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 420g can of creamed corn
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 2 eggs (we love Woodland)
- To Serve:
- A dash of Chantal Organics Tamari Soy Sauce, to taste
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- A handful coriander, chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- Equipment: We used a Le Creuset signature cast iron round casserole dish
Bring chicken stock to a boil. Place chicken breasts in the stock and turn down to a gentle simmer. Cook for roughly 10-14 minutes depending on the size of the breasts.
Remove chicken, cool and shred. Reserve stock. Heat a pot to low heat, drizzle 1 tbsp of sesame oil, fry off ginger and garlic for 2 minutes until aromatic. Add stock and creamed corn. Add the shredded chicken and bring back to the boil.
Mix cornflour with a little cold water to form a thin paste. Pour into the soup whisking constantly.
Mix the eggs in a bowl with a little chicken soup from the pot then drizzle egg mixture into the pot very slowly.
Season with soy sauce and garnish with spring onions and coriander.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)