Tempeh Gado Gado
We’re totally in love with this tempeh gado gado. Gado gado is an Indonesian salad of lightly cooked vegetables, boiled egg and tofu/tempeh with peanut sauce. It’s quick and healthy for a midweek dinner – though we’ll happily eat it every day of the week! Serve with your prefered steamed veggies.
- 500g organic tempeh, cut into thin slices (we love Tonzu)
- 2 tbsp Chantal Organics Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp avocado cooking oil (we love Olivado)
- 2 Brown Onions, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 250ml Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
- 100g Chantal Organics Smooth Peanut Butter
- Salt, to taste
- To Serve:
- Microwave pouch of brown rice (We love SunRice)
- Steamed Veggies (green beans, kale)
- Chantal Organics Peanut Roasted
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 2 eggs, soft boiled, peeled and halved (We love Woodland)
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- A handful of coriander (we love Superb Herb)
Fry tempeh slices in the oil for about 5 minutes while sprinkling over with tamari. Set aside.
Make the peanut sauce by gently frying the onions and garlic, once the onions are translucent add the coconut milk, peanut butter, tamari and salt - adjust to your personal taste.
Serve on a bed of rice with steamed vegetables of your choice and a sprinkle of peanuts on top. For a little bit of heat and zing add some lime wedges and slices of red chilli.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)