This dinner salad with a funky name Gado Gado is actually one of the National dishes of Indonesia. Soft boiled eggs, boiled potatoes, blanched & fresh vegetables and fried tofu are tossed in a hot & tasty peanut sauce dressing. Great for a casual dinner of lunch with friends. Enjoy!
- For the Salad
- 1 pack of organic tofu - sliced (we love Bean Supreme)
- 2 eggs - soft boiled (we love Woodland)
- A handful spinach leaves (we love The Fresh Grower)
- 1 carrot - julienned
- A handful bean sprouts
- A handful green beans, sliced
- ½ cucumber - sliced
- 6 potatoes - boiled and cubed (we love Wilcox)
- For the peanut sauce
- 1 tsp Chantal Organics Classic Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp soy sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
- 1 tsp honey (we love Airborne)
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 1 red chilli - chopped finely
- 1 lime - juiced and zest grated
- ½ can Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
Deep fry the tofu in medium hot vegetable oil until golden and crispy.
In a bowl, mix together all of the peanut sauce ingredients
In a large bowl, combine spinach, potatoes, bean sprouts, carrot, green beans, cucumber and drizzle with peanut sauce and fold to combine. Arrange the tofu, boiled egg and some extra vegetables attractively on top. Serve with some more sauce.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)