Falafel Salad Bowls
Falafel salad bowls are an excellent plant-based meal for the whole family. Baking falafel is easy and delicious – you may want to make extra for lunch wraps and healthy snacks for the rest of the week.
- Baked falafel:
- 2 cans Chantal Organics Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 tbsp VGood PeaNOT Smooth Chickpea Butter
- 1/2 cup Chantal Organics Buckwheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Superb Herb coriander and lemon basil leaves
- 2 cans Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Sea Salt to taste
- Water, as needed
- Salad bowl:
- Butter Bean Hummus
- Superb Herb lemon basil leaves
- 1 NZAvocado, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ½ cup pitted or stuffed olives
- 1 baby cos lettuce, shredded
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
Preheat the oven to 190°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
Add all falafel ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, adding water if necessary. Season with salt.
With wet hands roll falafel into bite sized balls then place on the prepared baking tray. Press down with a fork, if you like. Drizzle with oil then bake for 30-40 minutes, until golden and crispy.
Divide salad bowl ingredients between 4 bowls. Top with baked falafel, extra lemon basil leaves and serve.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)