- 1½ cups Chantal Organics Wholemeal Flour
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp Chantal organics Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Chantal Organics fine Sea Salt Fine
- ½ cup melted Chantal Organics Coconut Oil
- 1 cup almond milk (we love Isola Bio)
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Blueberries, for topping
- For the blueberry frosting
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup melted Chantal Organics Coconut Oil
- 4 tbsp almond milk (we love Isola Bio)
- 2 tbsp Chantal Organics Rice Syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 handful of blueberries
- A pinch salt
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a 20cm cake tin.
In a bowl, whisk together flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, and sea salt. Add coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla extract and whisk until combined.
Add lemon juice and stir a few times with a wooden spoon, just enough to combine. The pour mixture into the prepared pan.
Bake for about 25-30min, or until the cake turns lightly golden.
Remove from the oven and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Remove cake from the pan and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
For the blueberry frosting:
Drain cashews and rinse well. Blend all the ingredients in a high-speed blender until completely smooth. Refrigerate for at least one hour before using.
Decorate the vanilla cake with the frosting and a couple of blueberries .
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)