- For the batter
- 300g butter - melted (we love Anchor)
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs (we love Woodland)
- Zest of one orange
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 ½ cups Chantal Organics Roasted Almonds
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp Chantal Organics Baking Powder
- For the Plums
- 8 plums - halved, pip removed
- ½ cup sugar
- Baking parchment
- Chantal Organics Coconut Oil for greasing
- Ice cream - optional (we love Kapiti)
Heat the oven to 180C and line a 20cm cake tin with parchment and grease with a little coconut oil.
In a bowl - whisk together the butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, orange juice and zest.
Sift and fold through the buckwheat flour and baking powder and finally fold through the ground almonds.
In a large non stick fry pan over a medium/high heat melt the sugar and cook until it reached a golden colour
Drizzle the caramel on the bottom of the lined cake tin. Top with the plum halves to cover the base of the tin and then pour the cake batter over to cover.
Bake for 35-40 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
Serve warm with some good quality ice cream.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)