Satay Chicken Tray Bake (midweek dinner)
Peanut lovers rejoice! This is a new taste sensation while being an easy, budget friendly, midweek dinner recipe. Try adding your favourite in-season vegetables to create your own variation.
- 8 Waitoa Free Range fresh chicken thighs
- 1 kūmara, in thin slices
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini (or 1 broccoli in florets)
- 2 tbsp Olivado Extra Virgin Peanut Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 can Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Chantal Organics Classic Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Chantal Organics Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp sriracha sauce, optional
- 1 lime, grated zest and juice
- To Serve
- A handful of Superb Herb coriander and mint leaves
- A handful Fresh Life natural peanuts
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Drizzle oil in a large oven proof tray or shallow dish then arrange chicken, capsicum and kūmara in a single layer. In a bowl or a jug, mix the peanut butter, coconut milk, sugar, tamari, sriracha (if using), lime juice and zest, ginger, and garlic. Pour the mixture over the ingredients.
Bake for 30 minutes. Take out of the oven and turn over the ingredients, then add the broccoli, spoon the sauce all over. Return to bake for a further 20 minutes or the chicken is cooked through.
5 minutes before the finishing time, insert a small tray of peanuts in the oven to roast.
Serve straight from the oven, garnished with plenty of fresh herbs and toasted peanuts.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)