- 1 butternut pumpkin
- A drizzle of Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 stick celery, sliced
- A handful of sage (we love Superb Herb)
- A handful of thyme (we love Superb Herb)
- 2 sprigs of rosemary (we love Superb Herb)
- 2 cubes vegetable stock (we love Kallo)
- 1/2 cup Chantal Organics Coconut Cream
- 1 tsp Chantal Organics Black Tahini – to drizzle at the end
- Dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp Chantal Organics Pumpkin Seeds, lightly toasted
- Serve with Herb Buttered Toast (or your favourite gluten free breads)
- 6-8 slices Burgen Pumpkin Seed & Chia toast bread + herb butter
- 50g butter – softened
- Mixed fresh herbs, chopped
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the pumpkin, and the garlic on a lightly greased large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Cook for 1 hour until the pumpkin is soft. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Peel and scoop out the flesh of the pumpkin. Discard seeds. Remove the garlic from its skin.
Heat a dash of oil in a large pot. Add the leek, carrot, celery and cook for a few minutes. Add the fresh herbs, roasted garlic and pumpkin flesh, then pour in the stock. Bring to boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
Blend the soup in a blender or using a hand-held stick blender until smooth. Place the soup over high heat and bring to the boil. Add the coconut cream and season to taste.
Serve in soup bowls, drizzle with tahini, sprinkle some pumpkin seeds, fresh herbs and chilli (if desired) and accompanied with herb buttered toasts. To make the herb butter, simply mix the chopped herbs with softened butter.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)