- For The Waffle Mixture:
- 1 cup Chantal Organics White Flour
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 1 teaspoon Chantal Naturals Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice (we love Mrs Rogers)
- 80g Caster Sugar
- 1 cup Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
- 3 tablespoons liquid Chantal Organics Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 eggs, separated (we love Woodland)
- For the Chocolate Sauce:
- ½ cup Chantal Organics Creamed Honey
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp water
- To Serve:
- 50g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Chocolate ice cream
- Mixed Berries
Mix the flour, cornflour, baking powder, cocoa, mixed spice and sugar in a large bowl. Add the coconut milk, coconut oil and egg yolks and whisk until smooth.
Place the egg whites in a medium bowl and beat until stiff peaks form, then gently fold into the flour mixture to combine.
Preheat a lightly greased waffle maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. Cook the waffles.
While the waffles are cooking, make the chocolate sauce. Place the honey, cocoa powder and water in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir to dissolve. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3- 4 minutes or until syrupy.
Serve waffles with ice-cream, chopped dark chocolate, berries and chocolate sauce.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)