Thick Banana, Honey & Ricotta Pancakes
Try these thick banana and ricotta pancakes that are fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside cooked with pure butter. Topped with more ricotta, raspberries and pistachio nuts drizzled with extra honey – simply irresistible!
- 1 ½ cups Chantal Organics White Flour
- 1 tsp Chantal Organics Baking Powder
- 2 bananas (we love Dole)
- ½ cup golden sugar
- 4 eggs - separated (we love Woodland)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 200g ricotta (we love Perfect Italiano)
- Extra ricotta for topping
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries
- 100g pistachios, chopped (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 4 tsp honey (we love Airborne Vipers Bugloss)
- Butter for frying (we love Anchor)
- We cooked these pancakes on a Le Creuset non-stick frying pan. It works very well.
To make the pancake batter, in a bowl, mash the banana with a fork. Add the egg yolks, sugar, buttermilk and ricotta. Mix well. Fold in the sifted flour and baking powder to combine.
Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold through the banana mixture.
Over a medium heat, heat a large non-stick frying pan with a little butter. Once the butter has melted, cook 2 tablespoons of the mixture, in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side or until puffed and golden.
Stack 4-5 pancakes on each plate. Top with extra ricotta, raspberries, pistachios and a drizzle of honey.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)