- Couscous salad
- 1 packet (200g) Moroccan Couscous (we love Diamond Meals)
- 1 cup water, boiling
- ¼ cup orange juice
- zest from 1 orange
- 5 Medjool Dates, roughly chopped, stone discarded (we love Fresh Life)
- ⅓ cup Natural Almonds, chopped and lightly toasted (we love Fresh Life)
- ½ cup Mint, roughly chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 can(400g) Chantal Organics Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ red onion, chopped finely
- 100g spiralized beetroot and carrot
- 100g baby spinach
- 3 tbsp Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- To serve
- Lamb Koftas (optional)
- 200g hummus (we love this Garlic & Lemon Hummus)
- 1 tbsp Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Italian Parsley (we love Superb Herb)
- 2 tbsp Dukkah (we love this Homemade Dukkah)
- Lemon wedges
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pour couscous and the flavouring into a medium sized heatproof bowl. Add boiling water, orange zest and juice. Cover and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork to separate the grains. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
Toss all salad ingredients in a large bowl until just combined.
Serve couscous salad with koftas and hummus to complete this meal. Sprinkle Italian parsley leaves on top. Drizzle Olive Oil over the top. Season with salt, pepper and dukkah.
If preparing this meal for lunch at work, place hummus on the bottom of your lunch box, followed by couscous, then the other salad ingredients, koftas, then Italian parsley. Keep the oil separate and add to the salad when you're ready to eat. This will stop the salad wilting.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)