- For the pancakes:
- 1 cup Chantal Organics Rice Flour
- ¾ can Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup iced water
- ½ tsp turmeric
- A pinch of salt
- sesame oil for frying (we love Olivado)
- 1 block organic tofu, sliced (we love Bean Supreme)
- For the toppings:
- 1 head cos lettuce, shredded (we love The Fresh Grower)
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- A handful bean sprouts
- 1 red chili, thinly sliced
- A handful of fresh mint & coriander (we love Superb Herb)
- A handful roasted peanuts
- Dumpling sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
Combine all of the pancake ingredients and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
In a large fry pan over a high heat, fry the tofu. 2 or 3 slices at a time in a little sesame oil until golden on both sides.
Pour a ladle of batter around the tofu and continue to cook until the batter is cooked through.No flipping necessary. Transfer to a plate.
On one half of the pancake, top with all of the toppings and a drizzle of sriracha and dumpling sauce. Fold in half and serve warm!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)