- 500g NZ Farm Raised Venison Mince
- 2 tbsp Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground chilli
- 2 tbsp Chantal Organics Tomato Paste
- 1 can (400g) Chantal Organics Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 can (400g) Chantal Organics Mexican Style Beans
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup Superb Herb coriander, roughly chopped
- ½ cup sour cream (optional)
Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large frying pan over medium heat. Add diced onion and venison mince and fry for 5 minutes, using a spatula to break up the mince.
Add remaining olive oil, garlic, spices and tomato paste and fry for 3 more minutes.
Add chopped tomatoes and beans and simmer for 5–10 minutes, until the mince is cooked and fragrant. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180°C. Spread a bag of tortilla chips on a lined baking tray. Sprinkle grated cheese all over. Bake for 8–10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Divide corn chips into serving bowls. Spoon on venison mince then load with avocado, coriander and sour cream.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)