- Quick Pickled Red Onion
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Chantal Organics Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Venison Mince
- 1 1/2 tbsp Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 500g New Zealand farm raised venison steaks, sliced 1cm thick
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp Superb Herb Oregano, chopped
- 3 tbsp Chantal Organics Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp Chantal Organics Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- To serve
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 pot Seasons Gourmet Vegan Chunky Dip – 3 Peppers, Cashew & Smoked Paprika
- 2 NZ Avocados, scooped & sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 green chilli, chopped (optional)
- ⅓ cup Superb Herb Micro Radish
For the Quick Pickled Red Onion
Warm the vinegar slightly on the stove top or microwave. Pour into a bowl and add white sugar, salt and red onion and stir to combine. Leave to marinade.
For the Venison Mince
Add oil to a large frying pan over medium heat. Add venison, garlic, paprika, cumin, and cinnamon and fry for 6–8 minutes, stirring often and breaking up with your spatula. Add honey, tomato paste, vinegar and oregano and fry for a further 3 minutes, until venison is browned and cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
Drain red onions from their pickle. Load corn tortillas with Season Gourmet chunky dip, venison mince, quick pickled red onion, sliced avocado, tomatoes, chilli and micro radish greens. Yum!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)