- 1 pouch of brown rice & red rice infused with chilli & garlic (we love SunRice)
- 1 can Chantal Organics Black Beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 can Chantal Organics Mexican Beans
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 eggs (we love Woodland)
- 2 tbsp avocado with chilli oil (we love Olivado)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic, clove, crushed
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- To garnish:
- 2 avocados, scooped & sliced (we love NZ Avocado)
- Large handful of coriander, roughly chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Heat oil in a large nonstick pan or wok over medium heat. Fry diced onion and garlic for 5 minutes, until translucent. Meanwhile, heat rice in the microwave as per packet instructions.
Pour rice into the pan and fry for 3 minutes with chipotle, cumin powder and honey, adding oil if necessary.
Add both types of beans and chopped tomatoes and bring to a gentle simmer. Pour into a bowl and clean pan/ wok to cook the eggs.
Fry eggs in oil until whites are cooked. Season with salt & pepper then remove from heat.
Serve rice mix with fried eggs. Garnish with fresh coriander, avocado slices and lime wedges.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)