- 4 large sweet potatoes (kumara)
- 1 pack honey cured streaky bacon (we love Hellers)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp butter, in cubes (we love Anchor)
- ½ tsp Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Fine
- 1 ½ cups tasty cheese, grated - half for stuffing + half for topping (we love Mainland)
- For the dill cream:
- 250g sour cream (we love Anchor)
- 1 limes, juice only
- ½ cup dill, roughly chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- Pinch of sea salt
Preheat oven to 220.
Line an oven tray with baking paper. Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork then bake for 60 Minutes, until tender.
Fry bacon in a non-stick pan until crispy. Let cool then chop.
Carefully slice the top part of the sweet potato off and then carefully scoop out some of the inside, keeping the sweet potato in shape. Add the scooped out sweet potato to a bowl with the bacon, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, butter and half of the tasty cheese. Mix well.
Spoon the mixture into the sweet potatoes then top with the remaining cheese and bacon bits. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden
For the dill cream, add all ingredients to a bowl and stir until combined.
To Serve, drop some dill cream on the roasted sweet potatoes, top with sliced avocado and fresh dill.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)