Cinnamon Spiced Almond Butter Cake
A lightly spiced honey cake with a beautiful soft texture, boosted with the goodness of Chantal Organics Cinnamon Spiced Almond Butter with Chia and Hemp seeds. Serve topped with a thick creamy coconut yoghurt, fresh fruit and a drizzle of honey.
- Dry Ingredients
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal
- 1/2 cup (80g) Chantal Organics White Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup (70g) buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup (150g) coconut sugar
- 2 tsp Chantal Organics Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Chantal Naturals Baking Soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Fine
- Wet Ingredients
- 1/2 cup (125g) Chantal Organics Coconut Oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp (60g) Chantal Organics Cinnamon Spiced Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup (125g) almond milk (we love Isola Bio)
- 1/2 cup (125g) unsweetened coconut yoghurt
- 1/4 cup (90g) Chantal Organics Creamed Honey
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut yoghurt
- Fresh seasonal fruit
- Chopped pistachios
Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan bake and line an 8″ springform tin with baking paper
Place the ground almonds, rice flour, buckwheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a mixing bowl and stir until evenly combined.
Combine all the wet ingredients, except the coconut oil, in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. You can also use a food processor and pulse until well mixed and smooth.
Lastly add the melted coconut oil and fold in until combined.
Pour the cake mix into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
Place the cake into the centre of the oven to bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Remove the cake from the oven and leave to cool in it’s tin on a wire rack to ensure the cake keeps it’s form.
When the cake is cool, remove from tin and place on a serving place. Spread a thick layer of coconut yoghurt over the top and decorate with fresh fruit, chopped pistachios and a drizzle of honey.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)