- 1 cup almonds
- 2/3 cup Chantal Organics Sunflower Seeds
- 1/3 cup Chantal Organics Old Fashion Rolled Oats
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs
- 2 cups rice pops
- ¼ cup Chantal Organics Whole Tahini, Almond Butter or Peanut Butter
- ¾ cup Chantal Organics Rice Syrup
- 1 tbsp Chantal Organics Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 150g dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tbsp Chantal Organics Coconut Oil (for top layer)
Grease the bottom of a 22.5x33cm glass dish with coconut oil.
Blend the almonds, sunflower seeds, oats and sea salt in a food processor until well blended, but still chunky. Pour into a large bowl, along with the cacao nibs and rice bubbles.
Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan over low heat, combine the tahini, rice syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract, stirring continually until its melted and well blended. Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients and stir well, then press into the pan.
On very low heat, melt the dark chocolate with the last 2 tsp of coconut oil. Stir constantly, watching it very carefully so it does not burn.
Spread the melted chocolate over the rice bars with a spatula and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Cut into small squares and keep refrigerated in an air tight container.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)