- For the Coconut Hot Chocolate
- 50g Dark Chocolate Drops (we love Donovans)
- ½ tsp coconut sugar
- 1 cup Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
- A sprinkle of toasted coconut shavings (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- For the Cashew Hot Chocolate
- 50g milk chocolate drops (we love Donovans)
- 2 dates (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 100g cashews (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- For the Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
- 50g dark chocolate drops (we love Donovans)
- 1 tbsp Chantal Organics Peanut Butter
- 1 cup milk (we love Anchor)
- We served ours in Le Creuset stoneware espresso mugs
For the Coconut Hot Chocolate
Bring the coconut milk up to a gentle simmer. Take off the heat and whisk in the chocolate and sugar. Top with toasted coconut.
For the Cashew Hot Chocolate
Soak most of the cashews in boiling water for at least 30 minutes (leave a few to toast and garnish). Overnight is best. Drain them. In a food processor, blitz the soaked cashews, dates, chocolate and a cup of boiling water until you have a completely smooth mixture. While the food processor is blitzing - toast the remaining cashews in a fry pan over a medium heat until golden and roughly chop. Top the hot choccy with a few toasted cashews and devour while hot.
For the Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
Bring milk or non-dairy milk to a gentle simmer in a saucepan over a medium heat. Take off the heat and add the chocolate and peanut butter until completely melted. Serve hot with a spoonful of Chantal Organics Peanut Butter.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)