- For the base and crumble
- 1 ½ cups Chantal Organics Rolled Oats
- 1 ½ cups Chantal Organic Desiccated Coconut
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 15 fresh dates or 225g select dates (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g unsalted butter, chopped and melted (we love Anchor)
- 2 cups Chantal Organics Apple Crumble Grainola
- For the apple and rhubarb jam
- 200g rhubarb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 apples, cubed (we love Jazz Apples)
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ tbsp cinnamon powder
To make the jam, place the honey, cinnamon and fruit in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 15 minutes or until soft, stirring regularly. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Preheat oven to 160°C and line a slice tin with greaseproof paper. To make the base, place the oats, coconut, dates, vanilla, butter and ground almonds in a food processor and blitz for a few minutes until the mixture comes together. Press it lightly into the prepared tin and smooth the top with a spoon. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until firm. Cool.
Spread the fruit jam over the base and top with the apple crumble grainola, pressing lightly to ensure it sets in the jam. Refrigerate for 1 hour to set. Serve with your favourite tea and enjoy!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)