- 1 avocado (we love New Zealand Avocados)
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese (we love Mainland)
- 2 cups baby spinach (we love The Fresh Grower)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices toast-sliced bread
- Butter to spread
- We used a Le Creuset nonstick fry pan to make our toasties
Place avocado flesh, cheddar cheese, spinach, garlic, salt, pepper and oil in a food processor. Process until well blended. Stir in mozzarella.
With a butter knife, spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place 4 slices, buttered side down, on work surface. Divide avocado mixture evenly on all slices. Top with remaining slices, buttered side up.
Heat a large skillet over low heat. Add sandwiches and cover. Cook each side for 2-3 minutes each until golden brown and the cheese has just melted.
Cut in half and serve immediately.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)