Raw Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies
by Fresh Factory
This raw peanut butter chocolate brownie slice feels incredibly indulgent but is in fact raw, wheat free and guilt free!
For the brownie
- 1 cup Chantal Organics Oats
- 1 cup select dates (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 3/4 cup cashews (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 1/2 cup Dutch cocoa powder (we love Donovans)
- 1/3 cup melted Chantal Organics Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp water pinch of Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Fine
For the caramel
- 1.5 cup Chantal Organics Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup Chantal Organics Coconut Cream
- 1 cup Chantal Organics Coconut Oil, melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup Chantal Organics Apple Syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract a pinch of Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Fine
- 1 cup freeze dried or fresh raspberries
- To make the brownie base, add all dry ingredients elements to a food processor and blitz until they resemble coarse bread crumbs. Add the coconut oil and water and pulse until the mixture starts to come together. Line a slice tray with baking paper and press the brownie mixture in the tin evenly. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, add all the caramel ingredients and blend until silky. If the mixture starts to split because of the oil, add more coconut cream, a tablespoon at a time and scrape down the sides of the food processor before mixing. Repeat until you obtain a smooth consistency.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the brownie base and even out using a spatula. Finish with a sprinkle of raspberries and pop in the freezer to set for at least 45 minutes.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and allow the slice to thaw for a few minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
Beer match: Emerson’s London Porter