Peanut Butter & Cinnamon Caramel Popcorn
by Jose Stichbury
A dairy, gluten and refined sugar free caramel popcorn recipe. The sweetener you choose will change the flavour of the caramel. Pure maple syrup creates the most indulgent caramel flavour, honey gives it a true honey flavour, and rice syrup is the least sweet creating a milder caramel flavour.
- 1/3 cup Chantal Organics Popcorn
- 3 Tbsp Chantal Organics Coconut Oil
Peanut Butter Caramel
- 4 Tbsp Chantal Organics Smooth Peanut Butter
- 4 Tbsp pure maple syrup, honey or rice syrup
- 2 Tbsp Chantal Organics Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Chantal Organics Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Fine
- Follow the instructions on the back of the Chantal Organics popcorn packet to pop 1/3 cup popcorn in 3 Tbsp coconut oil. Transfer the popped corn to a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan bake and line 2 baking trays.
- Place all the caramel ingredients into a small pan and stir over low heat until melted.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the popcorn and use a spatula to fold it through.
- Spread the caramel coated corn over the two baking trays and place into the oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the caramel starts to bubble and turns golden.
- Remove the caramel corn from the oven and allow to cool - the caramel will harden as it cools.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.