- For the brownie
- 1 cup Chantal Organics Jumbo Rolled Oats
- 1 cup select dates (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 3/4 cup cashews (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 1/2 cup Dutch cocoa powder (we love Donovans)
- 1/3 cup melted Chantal Organics Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- Pinch of Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Fine
- For the caramel
- 1.5 cup dark chocolate peanut butter (we love the Nut Brothers)
- 2/3 cup Chantal Organics Coconut Cream
- 1 cup Chantal Organics Coconut Oil, melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup Chantal Organic Apple Syrup
- A pinch of Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Fine
- For topping
- 1 cup freeze dried or fresh raspberries
- Beer match: Emerson’s London Porter
To make the brownie base, add all dry ingredients elements to a food processor and blitz until they resemble coarse bread crumbs. Add the coconut oil and water and pulse until the mixture starts to come together. Line a slice tray with baking paper and press the brownie mixture in the tin evenly. Set aside.
In a food processor or blender, add all the caramel ingredients and blend until silky. If the mixture starts to split because of the oil, add more coconut cream, a tablespoon at a time and scrape down the sides of the food processor before mixing. Repeat until you obtain a smooth consistency.
Pour the caramel mixture over the brownie base and even out using a spatula. Finish with a sprinkle of raspberries and pop in the freezer to set for at least 45 minutes.
When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and allow the slice to thaw for a few minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)