- For the bite:
- Shortcrust pastry, thawed (we love Paneton)
- 250g rata honey (we love Airborne)
- 150g golden sugar
- 125g Chantal Organics Black Tahini
- 3 eggs (we love Woodland)
- 120g butter, melted (we love Anchor)
- 4 tbsp ground almonds( we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Flakes, plus extra for topping
- For the Glaze:
- 2 Tbsp rata honey, melted (we love Airborne)
- 2 tbsp Chantal Organics Black Tahini
- White sesame seeds (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- We used a Le Creuset pie dish.
Method for the Pie
Preheat the oven to 160C.
Line a pie tin with greased baking paper. Fill with the rolled shortcrust pastry leaving the edges to overhang.
Prick holes in the pastry with a fork then bake for 15 minutes, until the pastry starts to golden. Remove from oven, trim the edges while hot and set aside to cool.
To make the filling place butter, honey, sugar, tahini, eggs, ground almonds, vanilla and salt to a blender or stand alone mixer and mix/blend until smooth.
Pour the mixture into the pie crust then bake for 60-70 mins until just set, the filling should have a slight wobble. You may need to cover the pie crust with tinfoil if it browns too quickly. Let cool and refrigerate to set.
Method for the Glaze:
Mix the honey and black tahini together.
Brush the top of the chilled pie with the glaze
Sprinkle with white sesame seeds and a pinch of sea salt.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)