Vegan Seeded Superfood Protein Bars
These no-bake bars are packed with plant-based protein and omegas found in the superseed – hemp. Fresh dates give them a subtle and nourishing sweetness that is scrumptious and so satisfying. They are perfect for after a workout, for a mid-afternoon pick me up or even as breakfast on-the-go.
- 1 cup Chantal Organics Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup Chantal Organics Desiccated Coconut
- 1/2 cup Chantal Organics Hemp Hearts
- 1/2 cup Chantal Organics Hemp Protein Powder
- 4 tbsp Chantal Organics Chia Seeds
- Wet ingredients:
- 20 fresh medjool dates, pitted
- 6 tbsp Chantal Organics Coconut Oil, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- After blending, add 7 tbsp Chantal Organics Jumbo Rolled Oats
Soften the coconut oil, by placing the jar in a bowl of warm water. Set aside.
Add the dry ingredients to a food processor or blender and pulse quickly to keep some texture and give it crunch.
Place this dry mixture in a bowl and set aside.
Add the wet ingredients, including the cacao powder, to the food processor and blend until smooth and paste-like. Add a spoonful of water to help with the blending, if required.
Add the date mixture to the dry ingredients, along with the oats and stir until well combined.
Press the batter into a 20 x 20cm baking dish, making sure to compact it firmly.
Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden. Remove and cut into bars.
Store bars in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)