Pumpkin & Oat Muffins
These muffins are wheat, refined sugar and dairy free. Here you can be creative – adding just about anything to this base recipe. They’re delicious served warm and spread with coconut oil and a drizzle of tahini. We can’t get enough of these nutritious treats for morning and afternoon tea.
- 2 cups Chantal Organics Oat Bran
- 2 cups Chantal Organics Jumbo Oats
- ½ cup ground linseed
- 2 tsp Chantal Naturals Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Chantal Organics Chia Seeds
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 1 tsp Chantal Organics Ginger Powder
- 1 tsp kelp powder (optional)
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (steam and mash any pumpkin)
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup almond milk (we love Isola Bio)
Preheat oven to 170 C.
Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, mash banana, add pumpkin or fruit and combine. Mix in eggs, vanilla and then milk.
Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until completely mixed.
Spoon into greased muffin tins.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Pumpkin can be replaced with mashed carrot, grated courgette, pear or apple puree. If you do choose to use fruit, we recommend omitting the spices other than cinnamon.These muffins are rather dense (and filling) and do not rise. You’ll know they’re cooked when the tops turn golden brown.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)