- For the Kedgeree
- 6 eggs (we love Woodland)
- 1 tbsp Chantal Organics Coconut Oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 chilli - finely sliced
- A handful of curry leaves
- 1 tbsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1.5 cups Basmati Rice - pre-cooked (we love SunRice)
- ½ cup vegetable stock (we love Kallo)
- 1/4 cup Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
- To serve
- A drizzle of coconut milk
- A handful coriander (we love Superb Herb)
- We used a heavy based Le Creuset casserole dish.
Pop the eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and when the water starts bubbling, start the timer for 5 minutes then take them out and run under cold water. This will give you perfectly semi hard-boiled eggs.
In a heavy based casserole dish over a medium heat, fry off the onion, ginger, garlic and chilli in coconut oil until golden and translucent. Add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and curry powder and cook out for at least 2 minutes until spices become very fragrant. Add the stock, rice, coconut milk and cook until rice absorbs the liquid - around 2 minutes.
Once the rice has absorbed the saucy spicy goodness mix through fresh coriander and top with the eggs, a drizzle of coconut milk and some extra slices of chilli
Devour while hot!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)