Slow-cooked Lamb Ragu with Pasta
This is an ultimate comfort dish during the cold months. Set your slow cooker in the morning before you go out & about, then you’ll come home to a hearty lamb ragu. Make a big pot—you can enjoy it over a few days or freeze some for a later day.
- Lamb Ragu
- 1 lamb square cut shoulder (2.2kg–2.4kg approx) (we love Te Mana Lamb)
- 2 tbsp Olivado Avocado & Rosemary Oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 150g bacon, sliced
- 1 bottle (680g) tomato passata Chantal Organics Tomato Passata
- ½ cup red wine
- 2½ cups beef stock (we love Kallo)
- 3 sprigs rosemary (we love Superb Herb)
- 2 bay leaves (we love Superb Herb)
- To serve
- Diamond Pasta
- ¾ cup parmesan, grated
- A handful of Italian parsley (we love Superb Herb)
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown lamb all over.
Place the browned lamb and all the ragu ingredients in the slow cooker. Set to cook 5–6 hours high or 8–10 hours low.
Remove the lamb and shred it using two forks. Return the meat in the sauce.
Cook the pasta (80–110g per person) in plenty of salted boiling water per package instruction.
Serve the ragu over pasta, garnished with parmesan and parsley
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)