- 3 tbsp Chantal Organics Coconut Oil
- 1 butterflied lamb leg (approx. 1.2kg), trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes (we love Pure South)
- 3 onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tin Chantal Organics Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups Chantal Organics Tomato Passata
- 1 ½ cups red wine
- 2 chicken stock cubes (we love Kallo)
- 1 bag (200g) platter figs (we love Fresh Life)
- 3 bay leaves (we love Superb Herb)
- 2 tbsp lemon zest, grated
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 2 cans Chantal Organics Butter Beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To serve (optional):
- Crusty white bread
Add oil to a large frying pan over medium-high heat and sear the lamb in batches. Set aside. Add onions and garlic to the frying pan and fry until soft, about 7 minutes.
Add all stew ingredients (except butter beans) to a slow cooker. Stir and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or until the lamb is beautifully tender. When the stew is almost done add the butter beans and season liberally with salt and pepper.
Remove bay leaves and cinnamon quills before serving with hot buttered crusty bread (optional).
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)