Coconut Lemongrass Roast Chicken
How about this fragrant Thai inspired roast chicken for your family dinner this Sunday? The sweet and nutty coconut milk infused with fragrant lemongrass, kaffir lime leaf, ginger and garlic makes this chicken an absolute winner!
- 1 whole chicken - butterflied (we love Waitoa)
- Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 piece of ginger - minced
- 1 red onion - thinly sliced
- 1 tsp garlic & chilli sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
- 1 tsp Chantal Organics Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 can Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
- 2 lemongrass stalks halved (we love Superb Herb)
- 4 kaffir Lime Leaves (we love Superb Herb)
- 2 red chilli - halved
- A drizzle honey (we love Airborne)
- A handful of coriander (we love Superb Herb)
- Heat and eat brown rice (we love Sunrice)
- We cooked the chicken in a Le Creuset Round Casserole Dish
Preheat oven to 170°C.
In a large heavy based pan over a medium heat, drizzle a little avocado oil. Cook the butterflied chicken, skin side down until golden and crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
In the same pan drizzle a little more avocado oil, fry off the onion and ginger until translucent and golden.
Add the garlic and chilli sauce, soy sauce, coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, honey and chili. Bring to the boil. Add the chicken back into the pan. Coat the chicken in the coconut sauce.
Transfer to the oven and roast for 1 hour making sure to baste the chicken with the sauce every 15 minutes.
Garnish with fresh coriander and serve immediately with jasmine rice and a crispy glass of Sav!
Serve with a crispy glass of Ara Sauvignon Blanc
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)