- 500g spaghetti (we love Diamond)
- 8 chicken thigh fillets (about 1kg) (we love Waitoa)
- 2 tbsp Chantal Organics Tomato Paste
- ½ cup oregano (we love Superb Herb)
- ¾ cup white wine (we love Church Road)
- ½ cup parmesan, grated (we love Mainland)
- 2 tbsp Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 3 tbsp capers
- 2 lemons
- Salt, to taste
- Water, 1 cup
- Equipment: We used a Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron Marmite
Preheat the oven to 200C.
Heat oil in a casserole dish on medium-high heat. Add chicken and fry until browned, about 8 mins.
Remove chicken, then turn heat down to medium. Add garlic and anchovies to the casserole dish and fry for 2 mins, stirring so they don’t catch. Add tomato paste, olives, wine, capers, peel from 1 lemon and oregano, and fry for 5 mins, stirring often.
Return chicken to the casserole dish, pour in 1 cup of water, then remove from heat and pop in the oven.
Bake for 25 mins, until sauce has thickened and chicken is cooked through.
Meanwhile, cook pasta as per packet instructions.
To serve: spoon pasta into bowls, top with chicken puttanesca, a sprinkle of parmesan, and lemon wedges. Delizioso!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)