You can make this absolutely delectable Malaysian style rendang curry without too many special ingredients. Prepare the rendang paste and place into the slow cooker with beef and coconut milk, then let the slow cooker do its job!
- 800g beef rump, cut into 3-4cm chunks (we love Pure South)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 2 cans Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
- 3 lemongrass stalks, bruised & chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- 4cm fresh ginger, peeled
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 100g cashews, soaked in boiling water, then drained (we love FreshLife)
- 2 red chillies, chopped
- 2 tbsp Chantal Organics Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- Salt & pepper
- Serve with:
- Coconut rice (we love Fresh)
- A handful cashews, toasted (we love FreshLife)
- A handful coriander (we love Superb Herb)
- KitchenAid Cordless Food Chopper
Sprinkle sugar over beef, then drizzle with wine. Leave to marinade for 20 minutes.
In a food processor, process lemongrass, ginger, garlic, cashews, chilli, coconut oil and 200ml of the coconut milk. Slowly add more coconut milk, one spoonful at a time until the mixture becomes loose paste.
Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Brown beef all over, add the paste, curry powder, then pour remaining coconut milk in. Transfer to a slow cooker and cook on high for 4-6 hours. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with coconut rice, hot paratha (optional), topped with cashews and coriander.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)