by Tereza Poljanic
Beets are high in immune boosting vitamin C, fiber and essential minerals like potassium (to support muscle and nerve function), and manganese (great for healthy bones). This simple dip makes an earthy yet sweet addition to any antipasto platter, and it’s great served with warmed flatbread, crackers or carrot sticks. We love this healthy snack from whole foodie Tereza at Teresamisu.
- 250g cooked beetroot
- 1 tsp Chantal Organics Ground Cumin
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp yoghurt of creme fraiche
- 3 tbsp Chantal Organics Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Chantal Organics Beetroot Powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Put the beetroot and cumin into a small food processor bowl. Season lightly with salt and pepper then blend until smooth.
2. Tip into another bowl, add the mint and lemon juice, olive oil then gently stir through the yoghurt and beetroot powder.
3. Sprinkle with mint leaves before serving.