Winter Bacon, Apple & Kale Salad
by Fresh Factory
The perfect winter salad. Fresh leaves of kale, sweet apple and golden crunchy bacon with homemade apple vinaigrette dressing. Perfect served as a light lunch or as a side with your favourite main meal.
For the Salad
- 2 cups kale leaves, torn into small pieces
- 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 rashers streaky bacon (we love Hellers)
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled (we love Mainland)
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup dried cranberries (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- A handful cress (we love Superb Herb)
For the Vinaigrette Dressing
- 3 tbsp Chantal Organics Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ cup Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Chantal Organics Apple Syrup
- 1 ½ tsp wholegrain mustard
- Chantal Organics Sea Salt Fine
- Cook the bacon rashers on a non-stick frying pan over medium hot heat for 4-5 minutes until golden. Drain the excess fat on kitchen towel and slice into small pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients for vinaigrette dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine kale, cress, red onion, bacon, apples, cranberries, walnuts and feta. Pour vinaigrette and toss well. Serve immediately.