Seedy Chocolate Chip Muesli Bar
by Natalie Brady
Loaded with good-for-you ingredients these seedy chocolate muesli bars are not only ridiculously delicious, they are loaded with fibre and healthy fats to give you lasting energy. Not only tasty, this recipe is seriously so easy – total win all around!
- 1 cup medjool dates (roughly 10), pitted
- 1 ½ cups Chantal Organics Quick Oats
- ½ cup Chantal Organics Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ cup Chantal Organics Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Chantal Organics Chia Seeds
- ¼ cup Chantal Organics Brown Rice Syrup
- ¼ cup Chantal Organics Coconut Oil
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
1. Line a square baking dish with baking paper. Set oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Add dates to a food processor or blender and process into small bits (mine turned into a ball).
3. Break up the medjool dates using your hands into a large bowl, then add the oats, seeds and chocolate chips.
4. In a small saucepan over low heat add the rice malt syrup and coconut oil and stir together until the coconut oil is melted (roughly 1 minute). Pour this over the oat mixture. Then use your hands to mix ingredients together thoroughly.
5. Once well combined press the mixture into the baking dish and press down with your hands, really packing it tight!
6. Pop this into the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden on top. (You can also eat these raw, instead of cooking them you just place them into the fridge to set for 20-25 minutes).
7. Remove bars from the dish and slice them up into 8-10 even bars. Store in an airtight container in the cupboard for a few days or a week in the fridge.
These muesli bars can be enjoyed as a healthy snack or if you are short on time during the week they make a great grab-and-go breakfast option