Savoury Herb Shortbread
You’ll be surprised how simple our savoury herb shortbread are to make. All you really need is flour, parmesan and butter, though we’ve added a load of fresh herbs for flavour. If you can bring yourself to share them, these savoury herb shortbread make the cutest gift or moreish party snack.
- 1 ¼ cup Chantal Organics White Flour
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (we love Mainland)
- 120g unsalted butter, at room temperature (we love Mainland)
- 1 tsp rosemary, chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 tsp sage, chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 tsp thyme, chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- ½ tsp Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Fine
- ½ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- To decorate
- Rosemary, sage, parsley and thyme (we love Super Herb)
- 1 tsp butter, melted (we love Anchor)
Place the flour and herbs in a food processor and pulse until herbs are fine and mixed in. Add the parmesan, butter, salt and pepper and blend until a crumbly dough forms. This will only take 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Pour dough onto a floured board and lightly knead. Roll the mixture into a log shape, wrap with beeswax wrap and place in the fridge until firm, about 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Remove the log from the beeswax wrap and slice into 1cm rounds.
Lightly dab the shortbread with melted butter, then place the herbs on top to decorate. Place the shortbread onto the baking tray, leaving room around each shortbread to expand.
Bake for 15 minutes until just golden. Let sit for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. The shortbread will firm up as they cool.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)