- 500g premium lamb mince (we love Pure South)
- 2 tbsp oregano, chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Chantal Organics Tomato Basil Passata
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 ½ cups bread crust, torn and soaked in a little milk and squeezed out excess
- 1 small egg
- Salt & pepper
- 4 slices cheddar cheese, quartered
- 1 cup mini gherkins
- 1 cup lettuce leaves
- 1 avocado, sliced (we love NZ Avocado)
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- A handful basil (we love Superb Herb)
Mix well all the meatball ingredients (except oil and passata) in a bowl. Form 16 meatballs.
Heat a little oil in a large fry-pan over medium heat. Fry meatballs until done turning often for 10 minutes. Pour over the passata and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the meatballs are well coated in the sauce.
Place a piece of cheese on top of each meatball. Turn the heat off and place a lid over the top. The steam will melt the cheese nicely, and it should only take a few minutes.
Meanwhile, make mayonnaise toasts.
To assemble, place a piece of toast, top with avocado, lettuce, meatball, gherkin and basil.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)