- For the burgers
- 2 blocks firm tofu (we love Bean Supreme)
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- ½ red chilli, seeds removed and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander (we love Superb Herb)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp Chantal Organics Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Chantal Organics Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp corn flour
- Sesame oil for cooking the burgers and mushrooms
- 8 large portobello mushrooms, stalk removed (we love Meadow Mushrooms)
- A handful coriander (we love Superb Herb)
- ¼ cup shelled edamame
- For the Cashew Cream
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in warm water (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 2 tsp miso
- 1 tsp Chantal Organics Apple Syrup (substitute maple syrup to make this recipe vegan)
- 1 tsp lime juice
In a food processor, blitz all the burger ingredients. Make burger patties as same size to the mushrooms.
Make the Cashew Cream. Blend drained cashews, miso, syrup and lime juice in a blender until smooth.
Heat a drizzle of sesame oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Cook the tofu burgers 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Set aside. Add some more oil and fry mushrooms 3-4 minutes each side until tender.
Place tofu burgers on a serving platter. Top with cashew cream, a mushroom, more cashew cream and some extra edamame. Finish with extra coriander and a skewer to complete the burger. Enjoy!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)