A squishy spin on the all time family favourite – BLT. These little steamed black mantou buns stuffed with crispy bacon, crunchy lettuce, fresh tomato, melted cheese and saucy goodness are the perfect hot canapes or starter for any dinner party.
- 8 black mantou buns, sliced in half through the centre (we love United Food Co)
- 8 rashers streaky bacon (we love Hellers)
- 1 punnet tomatoes (we love Beekist)
- 4 cheddar cheese slices, cut into 16 mini squares (we love Mainland)
- A handful cress (we love Superb Herb)
- Chantal Organics Tomato Sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Beer Match: Emerson’s Bird Dog
In a non stick fry pan over a high heat fry the bacon until golden and crispy.
Steam the black mantou buns as per packet instructions. When you have 2 minutes to go, add the slices of cheese on the bottom half and steam until cheese is melted.
To assemble the BLT’s. Spread some Chantal Organics tomato sauce on one half of the bun and mayonnaise on the other. Layer tomatoes, cress and bacon in between.
Devour while hot!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)