- 8 vegetarian sausages (we love Bean Supreme)
- For the baked butter beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 can Chantal Organics Butter Beans
- 1 can Chantal Organics Chickpeas
- 1 can Chantal Organics Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 tsp golden sugar
- 1 tsp Chantal Organics Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne peppe
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 dried bay leaves
- A handful of chopped fresh thyme (we love Superb Herb)
- Salt & black pepper
- Le Creuset casserole dish to cook and serve this dish
Heat a casserole dish over medium high heat. Cook onion and garlic with a drizzle of olive oil until soft for 3 minutes or so. Add cayenne pepper, cumin, smoked paprika, then chickpeas and tomatoes. Mix well. Add sugar and soy sauce, place bay leaves on top. Reduce the heat to low, cover the casserole with a lid and let it cook for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the vege sausages in a fry pan with a drizzle of olive oil , on a barbeque or in the oven. Set aside.
Mix the butter beans in the casserole, arrange the cooked vege sausages in the pan and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes or so until everything is heated through.
Make the Avocado Smash. Place the flesh of one ripe avocado in a bowl. Add the lime juice, coriander, salt and pepper. Mash with a fork.
Top the avocado smash on the bean & sausage, garnish with thyme. Serve with some lime wedges.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)