- 1 tbsp Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced on an angle
- 2 carrots, sliced thinly on an angle
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ packet mixed vegetable (we love King Soup)
- 3 cubes chicken stock mixed with 3 Litres of water (we love Kallo)
- ½ can Chantal Organics Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 can Chantal Organics Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 free range hot roast chicken, meat shredded bones discarded (we love Waitoa)
- 100g spinach
- ¼ cup parsley, roughly chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- To Serve
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- Green chili, chopped
Heat a large pot to a medium/high heat. Drizzle oil into the pot. Add onion, celery and carrots into the pot. Cook for 5 minutes, tossing often. Add in the garlic, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, sweet paprika and chili flakes. Continue to cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
Add the King soup mix, chicken stock and chopped tomatoes into the pot. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to a simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the shredded chicken, chickpeas, spinach, parsley and lemon juice to the pot and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve with yogurt, croutons and green chili.
You can adjust the recipe to be vegan by removing the chicken and replacing the chicken stock with vegetable stock. Serve with coconut yogurt.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)