- 1 tbsp Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 400g premium beef mince (we love Pure South)
- ½ cup boiling water
- ½ sachet of Maggi Light Brown Gravy
- ⅓ cup rosemary, chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 can Chantal Organics Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Masterfoods Garlic Salt
- 1 box macaroni cheese (we love Diamond)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ¼ cups boiling water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add oil, onion, carrot and celery and fry for 5-7 minutes. Add mince and more oil if necessary and cook until the mince has browned, stirring often.
In a small jug mix boiling water with half of the gravy sachet. Add rosemary, gravy and tomatoes to the mince and simmer for 10 minutes. Season with garlic salt then transfer to your oven-proof pie dish.
To make the macaroni cheese topping: follow packet instructions.
Spoon macaroni cheese over mince in the pie dish and sprinkle liberally with cheese.
Bake in the oven for 35 minutes, until golden and the cheese has bubbled. Serve while hot. Yum!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)